The vote was held during 16th Congress that began yesterday morning with the Board Meeting. In the afternoon, it was
time of the General Assembly and the inauguration of the fair of exhibitors with the presence of
TecnoAction, Novomatic, IGT, Gi Tech, Skilrock, GLI, Carmanah Signs, Idem, Smartplay, Oasis Entertainment and EPPL.
During the morning, the meeting of the CIBELAE Board of Directors was held with the presence of representatives of the regulators and operators of Brazil, Chile, Portugal, Argentina, El Salvador, Spain (SELAE), Uruguay, Panama, Spain (ONCE) and Paraguay, and the General Assembly were joined by the National Children's Patronage (PANI) of Honduras, National Lottery of Nicaragua, Lottery of Pacifique des Jeux and companies La Banca and
AAQUI of Uruguay.
The new Board of Directors for the 2017-2019 biennium was made up as follows:
- President: National Directorate of Lotteries and Quinielas of Uruguay, by Luis Gama
- 1st Vice-President: SELAE, Spain, by Inmaculada García.
- 2nd Vice-President: Caixa Economica Federal, Brazil, headed by Deusdina dos Reis Pereira.
- 3rd Vice-President: National Lottery of Charity, Panama by Armando Guerra.
Secretary General: National Commission of Gaming, Paraguay by Javier Balbuena Estigarribia. Treasurer: ALEA, Argentina by Alfredo Monaco.
- Members: - National Organization of the Blind of Spain, Spain by the Executive Director Alfonso Galiano Martínez; Loteria Nacional de Beneficencia, El Salvador by Rogelio Fonseca Alvarenga; Santa Casa da Misericordia of Lisbon, Portugal by Edmundo Martinho; National Lottery of Mexico; National Children's Trust of Honduras, by Golda Sánchez; Pacify des Jeux by its CEO, Thierry Gabarret.
It was also decided to move the Regional Office that operates in the Dominican Republic to Panama, it was also created the figure of Vice-Presidency 3, it was considered changing the profile of the Executive
Director,and was approved the incorporation of ColJuegos (Colombia) and the financial statements of 2015 and 2016.At the end, President Luis Gama stated: "I have a very positive balance, we have grown, we have adopted a strategic plan, the work committees are with clear objectives of work and we incorporate new members. A new stage is coming, we have already grown and we must give it content and rationale internally."
From now on "we will seek to create a new structure for the next two years. Promoting joint actions, generating documents on responsible gambling, illegal gambling, online gambling and the topics that serve the region. Two years are very important for the internal structure, to generate value," culminated Gama.